The British School Al Khubairat has been going for more than 40 years now. With many thousands of students having passed through our doors since we first opened in 1968, we have a huge network spanning the globe. In our Ruby Anniversary year in 2008, we thought it was about time we formally set up a society for all these past students, as well as anyone else who has been involved with the school: parents, teachers or governors. So, the Old Al Khubairati (OAK) Society was born.
The aims of the society are to:
· Encourage former students, parents and teachers of The British School to maintain contact with the school and each other
· Maintain links between the school and OAKs, and develop a formal British School network across the world
· Foster goodwill towards the school and among OAKs, and harness that for the benefit of the school and its present and future students, through networking and fundraising
We need your help!
The membership of the OAK Society is building up gradually, but we still need more members! There are two things you can do to help:
· Please take a couple of minutes to register. We are currently working on an online registration system and this will be ready soon. In the meantime, please click here to download the registration form, complete it and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Help us spread the message by passing this link on to any other OAKs you know
· You can also join our Facebook group by clicking on the Facebook logo opposite
We have lots of plans for the future of the OAK Society. Some will take longer to set up than others, but here is a flavour of some of the things we are planning:
· Your profile – have your own profile page on the Society's website, which you can update and edit when you choose (there will be private and public profile settings)
· View other people’s public profiles, and search other OAKs either alphabetically or by years attended
· OAK Reunited – look up your old friends or teachers, and get in touch
· OAK Society newsletter – keeping you in touch with what the school’s doing
· Set up OAK Society overseas ‘branches’ – acting as the OAK Society hub in those countries
· Hold OAK reunion events – in different countries
· Sporting events
· News on OAKs, eg. major achievements, honours, announcements
· OAK parents’ section
· OAK Business Club – opportunities sought and available through the OAK business network
· Fundraising for The British School
If you have any suggestions for other features or activities that you would like to see the society providing, or if you would be happy to offer your services to help set up some of these activities, please email the OAK Society office on email@example.com or call Jo Eglington on +971 2 446 2280.