The British School Al Khubairat is situated in the Al Mushrif area on the island of Abu Dhabi.
Since moving to this site in 1980, the school has undergone extensive redevelopment to expand and modernise its facilities to meet the changing and growing demands of the British and wider community in Abu Dhabi. There have been four phases of development over recent years, the latest of which was completed in December 2012. This continuous development ensures that the school remains at the forefront of British education, offering the most advanced educational facilities and a safe, inspiring environment for our children.
Phase 1: Construction of a new secondary school building. Opened in January 2001.
Phase 2: The Jubilee Building, a new purpose-built three-storey building for Years 3-6 children. Opened in April 2002.
Phase 3: As it became clear that there was a big demand for a Sixth Form, construction started on a third phase of development to extend the secondary school. The Phase 3 building opened in September 2005 and houses a theatre, auditorium, library, sixth form accommodation, an additional gymnasium, drama studio, music centre and a range of academic and administrative facilities. This building was opened in September 2005. The school now holds 1800 students.
Phase 4: Construction on the Phase 4 programme began in July 2010, and the building opened in September 2012, with final completion of the outdoor space finished in December 2012. The Phase 4 building replaces and extends many of the original primary facilities at the school which date back to 1980 when we first moved to our current site. It also adds a range of new facilities for use by the whole school, to boost further the quality of the school’s offering.